Finally, the days are getting longer and the hope of spring is in the air.
It's a great time to plan projects around the house and yard and focus on goals that will ultimately bring you satisfaction, and a sense of accomplishment. Getting started is the key to seeing results so here are some suggestions to help you move forward while creating new habits:
1) Make a list of what your goals are and timelines of when they will be completed which will help you focus and give you guidelines. It also helps to share your list with someone so they can assist in helping you become accountable.
2) Motivation is one of the biggest tools people use to reach their goals. When you are outlining what you want to do, keep in mind "why" it is important. When you feel tired and unmotivated, remind yourself of the motivation behind your goal.
3) Turn down the noise and try meditating and focusing on the results you want to have in your life including the projects and goals you have set. Visualizing is one key to success in accomplishing your desired outcome. Display pictures and quotes around your house to remind you of what you want.
4) Do the small things with persistence and passion. Break down the goals into smaller tasks that are easily performed and allow you to feel the sense of accomplishment. By compartmentalizing, you will not be overwhelmed by the bigger task and you will feel victorious, then encouraged to take on more.
5) Manage your time and you will manage your life better. We have too many distractions that impede us from reaching our goals; large and small. Many times Social Media can gobble up hours of our time that we had previously intended to use for other projects. Reward yourself "after" you have completed what you had set out to do for that day. Try to remind yourself that you are in control of how to spend your time.
Once you have completed one of your goals, enjoy the fruits of your labour, but don't allow it to be a means to an end. Set new goals and projects and practice the principles that helped you get there. Creating good habits creates good results!